Are you interested in knowing what the pricing and costs will be to have your quilt quilted? Your cost is based upon the actual dimensions of your quilt top. All machine quilting is priced by the square inch, however batting, fabric and add-on services are priced uniquely.
Minimum Quilting Fee: $55
Our minimum quilting fee is $55 for quilting service only.
Thread, Batting and other services are additional.
(used to calculate square inches for most prices)
- Baby (45”x54”) 2,430 sq in
- Crib (48”x60”) 2,880 sq in
- Lap/Nap (60”x76”) 4,560 sq in
- Twin (64”x100”) 6,400 sq in
- TwinXL (64”x110”) 7,040 sq in
- Double (80”x100”) 8,000 sq in
- Queen (84”x104”) 8,736 sq in
- King (100”x104”) 10,400 sq in
- California King (104”x108”) 11,232 sq in
- Custom Size: (width) x (height) = (sq inches)
Priced by the Linear Inch (Length)
(additional information can be found: Batting Basics and Pricing)
- Hobbs 80/20 Natural $0.12 per inch of length
- Hobbs Wool Natural $0.18 per inch of length
- Hobbs 80/20 Black $0.12 per inch of length
- Hobbs Wool Black $0.18 per inch of length
Optional 2nd Batting Layer (for the puffy look)
Quilt Fabric Backing:
Priced by the Linear Inch (length)
(Addition information can be found: Quilt Backing Fabric)
- I have my own and it is 8” wider and 8″ taller than the quilt top $0.00
- I wish to purchase fabric from Handhill’s Quilter fabric store.
LongArm Quilting Designs & Services
(Pattern examples can be found: Available Patterns and Pantographs )
- Pantograph Quilting Pattern#: 0.025 – .035Cost per sq in varies depending on pattern selected
- Ruler Work: $0.035 – 0.08 per sq in
- HHQ Quilter’s Choice Freestyle: starting at $0.05 per sq. in.
- Heirloom / Show Quality: starting at $0.052 per sq. in.
- Custom Work: For quoting, please use $0.038 per sq. in;
- Basting for Hand Quilting: $0.05 per sq. in.
Thread Choice and Color
(Color chart can be found: Threads Choices and Colors)
- Solid Color: included in price
- Variegated Color: included in price
(Additional information can be found: Additional Services )
- Square-up Quilt Prior to Quilting $45
- Backing Preparation
- Piece together one of more pieces of fabric: $5.00/seam to piece the backing
- Square up the back fabric: $5.00 per side to square up the backing
- Quilt Preparation
- Ironing Prior to Quilting $30
- Grooming Prior to Quilting $25
- Minor Quilt Repairs $25 (and up depending)
QUILTING SERVICE ADD-ONS
- Basting for Hand Quilting $0.05 per sq. in. ($55 minimum total quilt order)
- Quilt in the Borders $25.00 per border section
BINDING AND FINISHING SERVICES
- Create Binding from Left Over Quilt Backing Fabric $35
- Machine Attached Binding to Front Only $0.11 Price per linear inch
- Machine Attached Binding Overall $0.18 Price per linear inch
- Machine Attached Binding to Front, Hand Sewn to Back $0.30 Price per linear inch
LABLES & LOVE
- You provide label, machine attached : $5
- We provide muslin pre-printed label, hand lettering, machine attached : $10
- Machine embroidered on fabric (provided or muslin), then machine attached : $25
- Machine embroidered on quilt back directly : $35
- Hanging Sleeve: $0.20/linear inch
- Miscellaneous Services $12.00/hr
- Quilt Repairs (Extensive Repairs) $0.15/sq.ft to $0.40/sq.ft depending on repair work and type
What Happens Next?
- Read and sign the Quilt Contract Agreement Form on the following page
- Send your completed form, including all four pages, back to HHQ by either online submission, email or fax
- You will receive confirmation within 24 hours, along with an online deposit invoice which you must pay within 48 hours.
- Once you pay your deposit, within 2-4 hours, you will receive an email confirmation of your reservation – there will also be instructions on how to properly prepare and package your quilt for shipment
- Take your sealed box to the post office and drop off!
- We will notify you when we receive your quilt and send you a picture of the contents of the package as time of us receiving it.
- Work will begin on your quilt as soon as possible, and you will receive period updates, pictures and emails on the progress of your quilt!